Religious Conversion And Destruction Of Economy
Religious Conversion has such adverse ramifications on a society that it is difficult to cover them all in a single article. In this section we discuss the systematic collapse of local economy due to religious conversion.
This phenomenon happens over a period of time
First batch of individuals are converted by PWMR (People who Misuse / Misinterpret Religion). Progressively this proportion increases. The social animosity between the converted and original population has been discussed in other section. PWMR encourage disenchantment in the converted population. The converts are encouraged to adopt the foreign style of living.
Gradually the converted population
- Dresses like their masters and even adopt their names.
- Changes their social activity and behaviour to same as that of their masters
- Shun their traditions and adopt foreign traditions
- The alienation soon reaches 100%
- Younger generations are most affected
The PWMR now go for the kill. They introduce their own products like wines, and processed food. The local population do not have expertise in producing and are forced to buy imported stuff. The local manufacturing and economy collapses due to lack of demand. This vicious circle continues till time destruction is complete.
It is not necessary that this happens violently. The below mentioned URL gives a classic example on how traditional foods are not as popular even on a traditional event in this culture.
Economic Destructions In Indian Context
As more and more people convert, they shed the local style of living. The cultural bombardment that happens makes the generations more inclined to living a foreign lifestyle
- Instead of consuming local produce, the population starts to buy the foreign produced exotic fruits and vegetables. Local farmers suffer losses and it causes breakdown of local economy
- New Generations are more inclined towards wearing branded stuff. Again the local cottage industry suffers
- Small scale sectors who produce handicraft and many such goods are heavily dependent on festivals and celebrations. The sale almost covers their entire year earnings. The advent of western methods of celebration means this entire business sector is wiped out. Worst still, conversion ensures that the celebrations of festivals are stopped altogether.